OKAY BUT CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT BROOKLYN NINE NINE FOR A SECOND AND WHY PEOPLE NEED TO GET ON THIS SHIT:
- this can’t be said enough but a diverse cast!!!!! out of a main cast of 7, 4 are PoC. one of whom is gay, the other of whom subverts the ~angry black man~ trope and is the self-professed ‘proud mother hen’ of the precinct (and he also enjoys yoghurt parfaits, foreign films, and loves his daughters more than anything in the world), and the other two are latina women.
- speaking of which, ladies!!!! the women are in this show are all friends, and even have centric episodes based on their friendships. though one of the women is very competitive, they’re never catty, and they care about each other!
- once again touching on the ladies, one of the them is a typical “badass “character, with a penchant for leather jackets and destroying computers with fire extinguishers, and has no tragic backstory or reasoning for her behaviour, something that isn’t often seen with female characters like this.
- captain! holt! a gay black man who is the captain of the precinct. however, his sexuality is never made the butt of any joke, and the homophobia he faced in the NYPD is never glossed over or ignored, instead it is a central part of his character’s motivations. likewise, the sexism that women in the force would’ve been subjected to in the past has also been pointed out.
- with such a diverse cast, often shows feel the need to make fun of their character’s races (glee, i am looking at you), but not once has any character’s race been made into a joke. likewise, neither has holt’s sexuality, or the women’s gender.
- whilst the main character is a straight white male, he is made to recognize his privilege, which is not something you often see on television. instead, the privilege he has over his fellow colleagues is pointed out to him regularly, and he has called out the nypd for the discrimination they have shown.
- they subvert the nice guy trope!!!!! a male character had been pining over one of his colleagues for over a year, and not only did the show point out his behaviour as creepy and out of line (and nothing ~romantic), they apologized for it!
- and finally, every character on the show is an angel (except gina, but she’s wired to thrive on dysfunction), just about every combination of characters has been paired together in different episodes, and it’s fucking hilarious!!!!!
brooklyn nine nine is a hilarious show with a diverse cast - and not only treats this diverse cast with respect, but also points out the problematic behaviour directed towards them. it subverts the typically offensive tropes in comedy, whilst making jokes that don’t need to rely on race and sexuality. it’s not perfect, but it’s pretty damn close to it.
mermaids as a matriarchal warrior race. known for their viciousness, their fearlessness, their unmatched speed in the water, their insatiable hunger for human flesh and human gold. they have been known to outrun the fastest ship. they capsize boats in the night, they sink navy warships, nothing but spears and teeth against canons and guns and swords. they are feared by all who know to fear the sea. sailors brag to each other about having survived a mermaid attack, showing off their scars. pirates pay them tribute in return for safe passage in their waters. merchant vessels sail always with their eyes on the horizon, one eye out for the pirates black sails, one for ripples in the water
can we please stop fucking temporarily (or permanently) making elevators inoperable to “encourage” ppl to take the stairs
like wtf am i supposed to do w this goddamn cane then, astral project to my destination?
honestly companies/places that do that are scum
children that are rough and horrible at handling small animals should not be allowed near small animals i dont care what you say. do not put an animal through that
gay pride parade
lesbian gluttony parade
bisexual greed parade
trans wrath parade
questioning envy parade
ally sloth parade
asexual lust parade
I’m totally up to throw a trans wrath parade
asexual lust though
|Song: Just One Yesterday|
|Artist: Fall Out Boy Feat. Foxes|
|Album: Save Rock And Roll|
|Played 1,914 times|
Everyone who reblogs this
EVERY SINGLE ONE
Will get a shitty 1 sentence fanfic in their inbox determined by your recent reblogs
So if you reblogged Kevin Tran and a dalek recently
YOU GET KEVIN/DALEK ROMCOM FANFIC
If you just posted some Sherlock and Hannibal
THEY HAVE A DANCE OFF MOTHAFUCKAS
Shitty fanfics, at your door, no questions asked.
When I say shitty fanfics
I mean shitty fanfics motherfuckers
a film starring rinko kikuchi, lupita nyong’o, natalie dormer, lucy liu, laverne cox, amber heard, michelle rodriguez, nicole beharie and ellen page as an all female heist team
STORY IDEA: YOUR DOOR BELL RINGS AND ITS A PERSON FROM AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE “I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE MY FAVORITE BOOK CHARACTER AND I KNOW HOW IT ENDS AND I WANNA CHANGE IT”